Wednesday, December 1, 2010

turkey come and gone...

Thanksgiving 2010 has flown by! My pinkies hauled me three hours north to Brock, TX to celebrate with mum’s family. The drive started out in Austin at around 74* and by the time we rolled in to the ranch it was a chilling 38*!!! Good thing I’m naturally insulated…mum had to walk around in her “puffy” the whole time (her NEW down jacket...it’s soooo warm!)

IMG_5771

(Audra looks cold doesn't she?...wally was unphased by the cold weather...yawn.)

Mum’s family from Kansas decided to celebrate the holiday with us (we get to see them twice in one year…yippee!) as well as our other cousins that live in Grandbury. My own cousin, Bryn, the French bulldog was even there!

IMG_5720

It was a great gathering and a feast was had by all: two turkeys cooked on the grill, stuffing, sweet potato pie, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, corn, cranberry salad (yum), apple salad, black olives (a must), green olives, dinner rolls….so glorious! (it should be stated that I did not get to eat ALL these wonderful foodies…I was stuck in my kennel so that I wouldn’t table surf the crowd with my giant all-smelling snout…I did get some turkey with a tiny bit of gravy after everyone ate though so that was yummy!)

We had a brief respite after supper as we were all over stuffed and the tryptophan was starting to kick in. a group of us went outside to catch the horses and feed and put blankets on them for the cold weather. My pinkie dad supervised me as I was quite worried that the giant 4-legged creatures would surely eat my momma!!! I had to be on a leash, which usually at the ranch I’m allowed to run free as long as my pinkies can see me, he also took some pics of the horse preparations.

IMG_5742

IMG_5739

my sister, flexing her muscles :)

IMG_5766

i know this one is a bit dark, but i like it anyway. after 6 months my dad is walking without an aid and is doing great!

IMG_5738

that's me and my pops, i'm not usually on the leash when i'm at the ranch, but i was REALLY concerned about those giant creatures being so near my mum. i'm her #1 body guard!

Finally mum put away the giant 4-legged monsters and came to play with me some more well, actually she spent most of the vacation in this position…

IMG_5772

Picking out sticker burrs from my hairy legs. (what a pain!!! I was tempted to just shave him right there with the horse clippers!!!) there is a never-ending supply of stickers on the ranch.

We all went inside again to thaw and to eat dessert of course! Pies, pies, pies!!! Pumpkin, apple, chocolate pecan….oh my! Ginger apple cake, double chocolate brownies! We stuffed our faces again and it was delicious. After dessert it was time for a friendly game of dominoes while the football games were on. Speaking of football….HOW AWESOME WAS IT THAT THE AGGIES WON?!?!?! Too awesome, that’s the answer!!! We were all happy that the maroon and white pulled out a victory over the dreaded burnt orange team that shall not be named here. It was a great ending to a really good season.

IMG_5786

my uncle kenny from kansas...dominated the dominos...until i decided to join in!!! :)

IMG_5782

some football watchers...

IMG_5781

the entire group! thank goodness for our mini-tripod and the timer on the camera!! it was really great to see everyone.

Mum and dad loaded me up sat. and we drove back home to Austin where we proceeded to veg out the rest of the weekend. Although, mum did convince dad to get out the Christmas decorations on Sunday. She also found time to study for her upcoming licensure exams…(bleh).

IMG_5736

So to everyone out there, hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend with your loved ones. We had an excellent time, it’s always fun to see the family all together.

WOOF!

No comments:

Post a Comment